|NATO Modelling and Simulation Professional Corps Development
|NATO Modelling and Simulation Group|
Certification, Education, Modelling, MSG, Professional, Simulation, Training
Since the start of the information age, NATO and Nation modelling and simulation systems have provided support to the alliance for training; education; decision-making; procurement; concept development and experimentation and other areas. In spite of the high degree of reliance on these systems, there has been no formalization of NATO qualifications for the NATO and Nation personnel planning and managing the use of these systems. Defining essential knowledge and establishing professional standards for NATO modelling and simulation improves NATO and Nation performance and provides the greatest benefit to the alliance.
Develop a professional M&S Education and Training portfolio and certification process that more effectively supports NATO and national modelling and simulation requirements. Expand knowledge of modelling and simulation, increase awareness and contribute to the increased standardization of M&S activities across NATO.
• Develop and implement the NATO M&S Professional Certification Process
• Complete M&S E&T Opportunities Catalogue for evaluation of E&T opportunities available in the Nations, with special focus on matching the competencies with the course content developed by ET-40
• Define the NATO M&S Code of Ethics
• Develop and implement the NATO M&S Certification Process and its management
• Identify required competencies for different levels of certification in the NATO M&S E&T Road Map
• Align identified competencies against European Union Educational Framework
• Develop course development timelines and priorities ensuring most critical courses are developed first based on identified NATO M&S competencies.
• To define NATO M&S educational courses and layout general syllabi and its content when feasible.
• Explore the best methodologies for delivering content: online, classroom, lecture series, self-study, hybrid approaches, etc.