generic design, Missile propulsion, Monte Carlo analysis, ramjet/ram-rocket, rocket engine with gelled propellant, small turbojet, smoke classification, solid fuel ramjet, solid rocket (single-/multi-pulse), thrust vector control (TVC), turbo-rocket, unified performance model
Tactical missiles are critical for strike-, intercept- and self-defense actions from Air-, Land- and Sea-based platforms. A unified and commonly accepted tactical missile kinematic performance model will be a valuable tool. Currently, procurement agencies and defense contractors use proprietary conceptual design models. Different data-bases lead to non-consistent results.
The generation of the unified propulsion model and code will include
- System issues (model architecture and interfaces, model description/user manual, Monte Carlo analysis tbc)
- Graphic User Interface (GUI) for convenient code utilization
- Propulsion models/code generation and functional verification
- Validation/examples (generic and/or commercial/existing motors)
- 3-DoF trajectory model
Different propulsion subsystems for tactical missiles will be incorporated as
- Solid rocket (single-/multi-pulse)
- Gelled propellant rocket
- Hybrid rocket
- Solid fuel ramjet
TVC and smoke classification will be part of the model by plug in routines (where applicable).
A 3-DoF trajectory model will allow for preliminary mission studies.
Test cases to validate the model will cover all types of propulsion systems incorporated in the model.
Planning and preparation of a Lecture Series or a Technical Course for promulgation of the code.