|MSG/MSCO Support to International Training & Education Conferences ITEC, I/ITSEC and CAX Forum 2018|
|NATO Modelling and Simulation Group|
Conference, Cooperative Demonstration of Technologies, Education, Exhibition, Industry, Modelling, Simulation, Training
The International Training & Education Conference (ITEC) is the leading European event for users, providers, manufacturers, academics and designers of equipment, services and simulation to meet and present new ideas on training and education to an international audience. ITEC provides NATO an opportunity to inform attendees at this major European conference on current Alliance M&S activities. It also provides the Modelling and Simulation Coordination Office (MSCO) a key opportunity to keep in contact with ongoing initiatives in M&S in Europe.
The Inter-service/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) is the leading US event promoting cooperation among the Armed Services, Industry, Academia and various Government agencies in pursuit of improved training and education programs, identification of common training issues and development of multi-service programs. The number of attendees to I/ITSEC typically is over 20 000.
Both events ITEC and I/ITSEC represent ideal opportunities for the NMSG´s Task Groups to perform live Cooperative Demonstration of Technologies (CDT) related to their activities in the joint NATO booth and in interaction with other major actors from the international M&S community which are present on-site with their own booths. Furthermore, MSCO has the opportunity of providing cost effective support for Task Group Meetings, Workshops or Specialist Teams organised adjacent or in conjunction with ITEC/ITSEC.
CAX Forum is a NATO event organized for Computer Assisted Exercises (CAX) practitioners. NMSG is requested to provide various tutorials, keynote speeches and to perform demonstrations.
- Identify opportunities for new STO-NMSG technical activities as well as requirements for new STO-NMSG educational events;
- Identify the emerging civil standards with applicability to NATO M&S domain and liaise with NMSG-MS3; provide expertise for the maintenance of the civil standards in use by NATO in order to ensure that they remain in compliance with NATO requirements, according to the current NATO Standardisation Policy.
- Identify M&S resources for the population of the NATO Simulation Resource Library (NSRL);
- Provide support for the activities of all NMSG Technical Teams or individual NMSG members present on site;
- Advertise ongoing NATO M&S activities and the STO profile in general;
- Network with major actors from Government, Academia and Industry involved in the M&S domain in support of training and education and gather information on current international related efforts.
- M&S as a Service;
- M&S interoperability;
- C2-SIM Interoperability;
- Human behaviour modelling;
- Verification and Validation of models, simulations and data.