CD&E, Mission Effectiveness assessment, Monte Carlo Analysis, Operational need capture, Performance requirement, Simulation, Stochastic simulation, System engineering, System of systems, System Test and Evaluation
To conduct several relevant and synchronized technical activities that deliver the means (verified and validated simulations, tools and services) for Allied forces and headquarters and nations to help with system acquisition in a manner that enhances the final technical solution and makes sure that it satisfies the operational needs. . This objective is achieved through:
1. Establish a working group from members of the NMSG and other panels to identify current and future NMSG technical development activities (and other NATO/national initiatives) and ensure they are aligned and support NATO and national system acquisition.
2. Enhance mutual knowledge and exchange information on existing M&S initiatives to help with system acquisition.
3. Explore and define potential cooperation areas on common M&S standards, methods and tools to facilitate system acquisition.
4. Identify the potential benefits that M&S could bring to international interoperability specification and testing.
5. Explore and define how M&S can help in the technical relationship between a prime contractor and its governmental customer.