|Live Virtual Constructive - Training (LVC-T) in the Maritime Domain|
|NATO Modelling and Simulation Group|
Distributed Simulation, Fleet Synthetic Training, Live Virtual Constructive Training, Maritime Training, MS Services, Simulation Architecture, Simulation Environments, Simulation Interoperability, Synthetic Training
The 2015 Gap Analysis Report on Modelling & Simulation identified a gap in military training of maritime forces that could be mitigated by means of Modelling & Simulation. Consequently, the SHAPE RAP tasked HQ MARCOM to develop a doctrine for NATO Maritime Synthetic Collective Training as part of the Enhanced Maritime NATO Response Force Project. Under the auspices of the NTG EWG and the lead of HQ MARCOM the COE CSW acted as drafting authority for the LVC-T Concept supported by DEU and GBR.
Based on the latest LVC-T Concept efforts this activity addresses following objectives:
1. Develop a description for the technical LVC-T infrastructure to build up the capability to join the training network.
2. Implement an organisational structure to conduct synthetic training events under NATO lead, including e.g. EXCON, White Cell and TECHCON.
3. Develop a Development Implementation Paper.
4. Provide general support during the implementation phase of LVC-T within the NATO maritime community.
To address the objectives, this activity will cover the following topics:
1. Maintain and enlarge the LVC-T Community of Interest.
2. Collect and share experiences in establishing LVC-T capabilities.
3. Conduct research on already existing LVC-T environments within NATO nations besides DEU, GBR, USA.
4. Conduct research on enabling services like scenario generation and enabling network protocols like HLA, DIS, SIMPLE.
5. Collaborate with international standards bodies (like NSO, SISO, IEEE, etc.).
6. Inform and engage stakeholders in NATO, Academia, and Industry about LVC-T.