|MSG/MSCO Support to International Training & Education Conferences ITEC, I/ITSEC and CAX Forum 2020|
|NATO Modelling and Simulation Group|
Conference, Cooperative Demonstration of Technologies, Education, Exhibition, Industry, Modelling, Simulation, Training
The NATO Modelling and Simulation Action Plan establish as the top military M&S priority the training and exercising of Alliance Forces.
The International Training & Education Conference (ITEC) is the leading European event for users, providers, manufacturers, academics and designers of equipment, services and simulation to meet and present new ideas on training and education to an international audience. ITEC provides NATO an opportunity to inform attendees at this major European conference on current Alliance M&S activities. It also provides the Modelling and Simulation Coordination Office (MSCO) a key opportunity to keep in contact with ongoing initiatives in M&S in Europe.
The Inter-service/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) is the leading US event promoting cooperation among the Armed Services, Industry, Academia and various Government agencies in pursuit of improved training and education programs, identification of common training issues and development of multi-service programs. The number of attendees to I/ ITSEC typically is over 20 000.
CAX Forum is a NATO event organized for Computer Assisted Exercises (CAX) practitioners. NMSG is requested to provide various tutorials, keynote speeches and to perform demonstrations.
• Showcasing NMSG activities relevant to the themes of the respective events;
• Testing interoperability of M&S technologies;
• Disseminating the findings of the NMSG activities;
• Advertise ongoing NATO M&S activities and the STO profile in general;
• Network with major actors from Government, Academia and Industry involved in the M&S domain in support of training and education and gather information on current international related efforts;
• Identify opportunities for new STO-NMSG technical activities as well as requirements for new STO-NMSG educational events;
• Attend the standardization forums in order to identify the emerging civil standards with applicability to NATO M&S domain and liaise with NMSG-MS3; provide expertise for the maintenance of the civil standards in use by NATO in order to ensure that they remain in compliance with NATO requirements, according to the current NATO Standardisation Policy.
• Identify M&S resources for the population of the NATO Simulation Resource Library (NSRL);
• Provide support for the activities of all NMSG Technical Teams or individual NMSG members present on site.
• M&S Interoperability;
• M&S as a Service;
• C2-SIM Interoperability;
• M&S standardization;
• Verification, Validation and Accreditation;
• Human Behaviour Modelling;
• Sharing and reusing simulation resources