|Symposium on Assessing the implications of emerging technologies for military logistics|
|System Analysis and Studies|
Additive Manufacturing, Automation, Autonomy, Data Analytics, Data Science, Logistics, Supply Chain, Support Chain
Individually, and in combination, new technologies have the potential to transform how Defence and Security logistics services are provided.
Exemplar new technologies anticipated to make a significant impact on logistics provision include:
• Additive manufacturing.
• Use of data science, AI and analytics,
• Use of autonomy and automation throughout the supply chain.
• Use of alternative energy sources.
Taken together they have the potential to radically change the nature of logistics services: potentially lowering demand, affecting
Aims of this symposia:
• Share insights on the impact of new technologies, cognisant of changes to how future operations will be conducted.
• Understand the extent to which changes in provision of logistics support in the Civil sector can be applied in a Defence and Security context
• Share knowledge of how OR&A is being used to identify the benefits, costs and risks.
• Understand and develop follow-on opportunities for Logistics OR&A collaboration.
• Future logistics concepts
• Changing logistics requirements
• OR&A approaches to assessment of logistics needs
• Application of new technologies to provision of logistics services.