|Sensitivity of EO TDAs to Environmental Factors|
|Sensors & Electronics Technology|
sensitivity, TDA, uncertainties
This RTG extends the efforts of SET-174, which identified the core elements (commonalities) of electro-optical tactical decision aid (EO-TDAs), and SET-234, which studied environmental limitations of operational EO-TDAs. Presently, there is a need to assess the uncertainties in EO-TDA results.
The interested Nations will study the sensitivity of EO-TDAs towards the input environmental data and establish the necessary and sufficient detail of aforementioned data to obtain operationally relevant output from the EO-TDAs. The final product consists of a Technical Report that summarizes the major results.
The interested Nations will discuss:
- Availability and quality of environmental data (weather, aerosols, turbulence)
- Foreground and background features in the scene (clutter, contrast, polarization)
- Target task metrics and the decision process
- The impact of incomplete or uncertain input data on the reliability of TDA predictions
- A dedicated field trial to test the above concepts
The Team aims to characterize the full observation chain that constitutes an EO-TDA, including the interrelation between various modules (topics). The major advance in S&T is expected here, rather than for individual topics. These are only detailed to the extent necessary for understanding the observation chain.