Defense acquisition community uses Modelling and Simulation (M&S) to help define, cost, develop, test, produce, operate, and sustain defense systems and systems-of-systems across the entire acquisition life cycle. M&S provides support to better capture operational needs in order to specify a future military system. M&S provides guidance for decision makers to choose from different options to fulfill a future Capability. M&S is an effective tool during system test & evaluation in order to save money and time (simulation is less expensive than real testing or in some cases the only option).
1. Identify activities at the lowest granularity level in the acquisition process that are common to NATO and Nations. For grouping of these activities, the phases identified by MSG-ET-041 will be employed.
2. Identify and describe M&S methods, approaches, standards, best practices and tools applicable to each activity of the acquisition process. .
3. Identify gaps and level of criticality in acquisition activities from M&S support perspective.
4. Propose solutions to those gaps.
5. Design and implement national M&S Use Cases for identified critical activities of acquisition process.